Saturday, February 12, 2011

Annihilation of Self

Appear, Appear, whatso thy shape or name,

O mountain Bull, Snake of the Hundred Heads,
Lion of the Burning Flame!
O God, Beast, Mystery Come!
                          - Bacchae, Euripides




“Amor fati” love of fate- love that fate is inevitably death, constitutes the experience of the tragic art: therein the joy of it, the redeeming ecstasy….
                                   Joseph Campbell






Annihilation of Self


Please annihilate my ever unsatisfied self
External obsessions live and breathe falsely in me
I want to surrender to the Other:
the god, the lover, the art


Let mystery consume me
So that all that is left is a silent flame
That once was my soul.



Time and space has yielded woe equally
My reckless pursuit of bliss
Never returned me to a mysterious rapture


Please erase me with Union
So I no longer feel the false betrayal of illusion
Flesh and bone are heavy with the material
My soul waits for a fire
A phoenix


I am a hunter of the Other
The one who will annihilate
And burn me pure.


Kori 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment