Friday, March 4, 2011

Divine Hunter

wizards.com

When did I become a hunter?

When did I become hungry for a
a flame?


My bow and arrow are tired and
seek in vain.


the quest calls as if all time and space conspires against me.
God's breath breaks my desire into shattered
particles of empty space...

When did I become hungry for waves?
emotion rises and falls
to live here in flesh and bone
is heavy endeavor...


My lance is dull with splinters of despair
as I gallop into the forest
a sea of illusion
assails  
I lift my shield
of will and
my soul advances for in
 a world of opposites
a wicked battle reigns
and a blissful ache lingers.


when will the light sink into me?


Roots of belief weave around my inner columns
they stand high and proud
yet lonely in their solitude.

I am a hunter
hungry for an answer
a divine soft whisper of truth but
only a shadow of love escapes into the field of dreams...


The prey is a vibration of light
a state of being
alludes
my arrow soars into the mystery
and pierces the heart
of existence but no blood is shed
only a wicked divine desire hunting for more.


Kori 2011



3 comments:

  1. lucky to have hunt this beautifully written poem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your about you btw :)

    This piece leaves the hero questioning his call, sort of makes me wonder do we choose our calling or does it choose us!?

    Happy Monday!
    http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/choose-your-poison/

    ReplyDelete
  3. could not see your words very clearly due to dark color, yet thanks for the tribe.

    A+

    ReplyDelete