Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fools in a Field






The roots and stems reach and sing towards the sun
I look behind me waiting for your voice

the tall flowing reeds whisper sweet nothings
I look behind  because I cannot look ahead

the wind caresses my red dress like an old dream
I turn with my body, but my shredded heart
 knows the truth 

the sky laughs at my foolish steps
my eyes gaze out yearning for your silhouette
for there is no regret

only the elements witness my torment
they are my solace

I come here for the sky,
 the roots,
the stems,
the reeds,
 and the wind
feel you

wandering these lonely realms
tempted to return to us again.

Kori 2011

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautifully sad and longing feeling this poem emits. Very nicely done.

    Here is my story for week 8: http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/amber-waves-of-grain/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last two lines just killed me. i love these sad/sweet poems. great write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad reflection and sense of longing ...

    ~MISH~
    http://writer-in-transit.co.za/bluebell-sss-prompt-no-8-blind/

    ReplyDelete
  5. quite wonderful! I love the imagery you've painted! well done :-)

    ReplyDelete